The best and biggest PCO Conference yet!
The business program received rave reviews from delegates, sponsors and exhibitors thanks to the energy, experience, relevance and professionalism of the presenters; we discussed Aviation, Venues, Global Meeting Trends and the continuing impacts of Technology. New age marketing and the development of online business communities also proved popular with delegates.
The updated social program gave attendees ample time to network/do business with exhibitors and sponsors. One hotel has reported getting $500K in potential new business leads / bookings.
The pre-conference owner/director SIG was fully booked, and Novotel on Collins hosted the themed SIG Dinner.
Some of the initiatives the Association will action in 2014 on behalf of members includes;
- Setting up a members buying group
- Establishing affiliate arrangements with other industry groups
- Launching a national advertising campaign to support accredited PCO’s
Completing benchmark studies on;
- PCO staff wage levels by State
- Business model project management hours
- Social media use for individual conferences and events
Two new SIG groups will be formed to meet regularly in 2014;
- Communication and Technology – chaired by Craig Rispin
- Innovation – chaired by Danny Davis, Entrepreneur, Strategist, Consultant and Mentor
Life memberships were presented to Rob Bulfield and Robyn Johnston, two of our inaugural council members and Rob Henshaw the foundation association President.
New staff appointments will be announced in February 2014; in Canberra, Tasmania and Queensland, including the position of Director of Industry Partnerships.
The 2014 conference will take place at the National Convention Centre in Canberra, check the website for details.